Democratic Party of Wisconsin Fall 2016 Internship Program
Start making your mark in Democratic politics during a busy and exciting election year!
Internships with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin are a great opportunity for hardworking individuals to gain hands-on political experience, develop a fuller understanding of the political process, and help make a difference in Wisconsin's government. Through an internship with the DPW, you can learn the essentials of Democratic politics, help elect progressive leaders to all levels of government, and contribute your talent, energy and ideas to advance the Democratic cause.
Interns produce high-level work in a variety of areas. Internships also offer great networking opportunities and frequently catapult ambitious individuals into jobs in politics. The Madison-based internship program offers multiple different focus areas, including finance, compliance, membership and more. This is an unpaid internship. Although applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, candidates are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline. Please see the application below for more information.
Qualified interns should…
- Be interested in politics and consider themselves a Democrat
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Be available to work at least 10 hours each week during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Be able to commit a minimum of one semester (about 3 months) to the internship program
- Every applicant must submit a cover letter, resume, and applicant information page
- Applications should be submitted to McKinley Kant, Internship Program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and the term for which you are applying in the subject line (e.g., "John Doe—Fall 2016")
- The recommended deadline for the fall is Monday, August 22, 2016
- Applicants may still apply after this date, but priority will be given to candidates who submit application materials before this priority deadline