The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is looking for enthusiastic, politically minded future leaders for our Fall 2017 Internship Program.
Internships with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin are a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real world, hands-on experience in Democratic politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process, and prepare for future political opportunities.
It's also a great way to form lasting connections and memories. Past interns have worked alongside DPW staffers at our annual State Convention, our Founders Day Gala, and other exciting events.
In addition to typical intern dutues, you will have the chance to work on high level projects. Each department offers you a unique professional learning experience.
Internships are based in Madison at our State Party Headquarters. Internships are unpaid; however we are happy to furnish information as required to receive credit through your college or university. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
To learn more about each DPW Department, click here.
- Be interested in politics and consider themselves a Democrat
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Be available to work at least 10 hours each week during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Be able to commit a minimum of one semester (about 3 months) to the internship program
- Every applicant must submit a cover letter (stating the top three departments in which you are most interested) and resume
- Applications should be submitted to the Internship Program Coordinator at email@example.com. Please put your name and the term for which you are applying in the subject line (e.g., "John Doe—Fall 2017")
- The priority deadline for the fall is Monday, August 28, 2017
- Applicants may still apply after this date, but priority will be given to candidates who submit application materials before this priority deadline