The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is looking for enthusiastic, politically minded future leaders for our Internship Program.
Internships with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin are a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real world, hands-on experience in Democratic politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process, and prepare for future political opportunities.
It's also a great way to form lasting connections and memories. Past interns have worked alongside DPW staffers at our annual State Convention, our Founders Day Gala, and other exciting events.
Internships are based in Madison at our State Party Headquarters. Internships are unpaid; however we are happy to furnish information as required to receive credit through your college or university. We accept new interns throughout the school year and during the summer.
In addition to typical intern duties, you will have the chance to work on high level projects. Each department offers you a unique professional learning experience.
To learn more about each DPW Department, click here.
- Be interested in politics and consider themselves a Democrat
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Be available to work at least 10 hours each week during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Be able to commit a minimum of one semester (about 3 months) to the internship program
- Every applicant must submit a cover letter (stating the top three departments in which you are most interested) and resume
- Applications should be submitted to the Internship Program Coordinator at email@example.com. Please put "Intern Program - Your Name" in the subject line