Wisconsin Democratic Coordinated Campaign
Job Description: Field Organizer
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package
Start date: Rolling starting in March 2018
- Work to elect Tammy Baldwin and all Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Responsible for executing the 2018 statewide organizing and outreach program across Wisconsin.
- Work to build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention, and creating a strong progressive presence in their communities.
- Implement grassroot field tactics, including managing and executing effective activities, such as phone banks, and canvasses.
- Work to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups.
- Help to build the local infrastructure necessary for success in the 2018 spring elections, November 6general elections, and beyond.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should be exceptionally organized, willing to take initiative, adaptable, and able to hit all deadlines and all goals as assigned.
- A desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Previous organizing experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work long days with irregular hours while maintaining a positive, energetic attitude.
- Applicant should have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel frequently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Please fill out fill out this form: http://bit.ly/BlueWi
- If you have any questions please contact Fleming Beaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storyteller: digital & videography
We are seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Communications Storyteller in helping brand and communicate what it means to be a Democrat in Wisconsin. This person will be responsible for implementing our video, illustrative and digital branding communications plans. This is designed as an entry level position that requires reliability and creativity to produce external communications, assist in executing a communications plan that strengthens the Democratic Party's narrative story and produce written, video, audio and illustrative content -- or an interest in very quickly developing these skills. The person will also be a liaison with county parties and other allies to find and help share great stories. This position reports to the the DPW Communications Director and starts immediately.
Professional experience in videography and editing is less important than a creative eye for storytelling in imagery that evokes emotion and speaks to our shared Democratic values.
- Work independently to create photographic and video content that dovetails with our cohesive and creative narrative (the story of what it means to be a Wisconsin Democrat.)
- Editing, implementing and maintaining a digital video, graphic and photo library for use in positive messaging.
Other tasks include:
- Writing press releases, updates, columns and other interesting content as needed.
- Travel around Wisconsin with party officials and surrogates to stage and/or document media events as needed
- Digital media production, echoing messaging and content as needed.
- Background in a communications skills/position for political campaigns, non-profits, government, labor unions, media outlets or other related experience recommended. (Must love communication, words and imagery!)
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently and travel, as well as collaboratively with staff and partners to advance communication objectives.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, as well as creatively solve problems and look for efficiencies and ways to improve communications. (If you are quick on your feet, strategic and enjoy helping people, please apply!)
- Experience in graphic design, digital, audio and video/visual production required. (Creation of captivating, complementary content across mediums a huge plus!)
- Experience executing projects involving diverse groups of people.
- Willingness to travel around Wisconsin.
- A commitment through the November 2018 election is strongly preferred.
Please apply to Melanie Conklin, communications director, at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, writing and/or visual sample of your creative work with your application.