Walks Away from 12,500 New Jobs
“By walking away from more than 12,500 new jobs, Scott Walker is sending a slap in the face to his struggling constituents,” said Joe Wineke, Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. “With
The White House this week released state-by-state data detailing the jobs impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan. The jobs include 74,000 new jobs for
* Creating 74,000 jobs over the next two years.
* Providing a work pay tax cut of up to $1,000 for 2,220,000 workers and their families.
* Making 63,000 families eligible for a Tax Credit to make college affordable.
* Offering an additional $100 per month in UI benefits to 553,000 workers in
* Providing funding sufficient to modernize at least 138 schools in
(Source: White House state-by-state estimates: http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/White_House_Releases_Additional_State1.pdf.)
Unfortunately for struggling families in
“Now more than ever, our economy needs a shot in the arm, not more of the same failed Bush economic policies that