In advance of tonight's State of the State address, where Scott Walker is expected to duck and dodge any accountability for the fact that what he's doing on job creation isn't working, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin has six questions for Gov. Walker.
1. Will you meet your signature promise to create 250,000 jobs? If not, do you bear any responsibility for this historic failure? If so, HOW, given all the metrics showing total failure on your part?
2. Do you agree with your own top administration official that "We suck. We're bad." when it comes to job creation and, if not, why do you bear no responsibility for Wisconsin's dismal jobs growth during your term and your utter failure to meet your 250,000 jobs promise?
3. As you position yourself as a darling of the Tea Party going into the 2016 Republican presidential primary, do you bear any responsibility for ANY of the deep division that you cite as a reason for your dismal jobs record and your utter failure to meet your 250,000 jobs promise?
4. Do you believe that placing political cronies, instead of skilled professionals, at the helms of agencies associated with job creation has played any role in Wisconsin's dismal jobs record and the failure of your 250,000 jobs promise?
5. Why should the public believe that you yourself did not contribute to the "skills gap" when you cut vocational technical training by 30 percent and cut hundreds of millions of dollars from job-creating investments in the University of Wisconsin System and what role has the skills gap played in your utter failure to meet your 250,000 jobs promise?
6. Will you apologize to Wisconsin and accept any responsibility for your role in the criminal conduct ascribed to your top aides and supporters in the John Doe criminal corruption probe, and has your own involvement in your criminal defense played any role in your lack of focus on a real jobs policy and your utter failure to meet your 250,000 jobs promise?