Last month, Congressional Republicans scrambled to ram their TrumpCare bill through the House of Representatives on a tight vote despite reports that the bill would likely kick millions of Americans off their health insurance - including those with pre-existing conditions. Today, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirmed that speculation and brought Republican's vote into clear context.
According to a report released by the CBO and JCT, Wisconsin Republicans voted to kick 23 million Americans off of their health insurance by the year 2026 and to raise premiums on their own constituents to the tune of a twenty percent hike starting just next year.
The cost of TrumpCare:
- 14 million to lose insurance by 2018
- 19 million to lose insurance by 2020
- 23 million to lose insurance by 2026
- 51 million people under age 65 uninsured by 2026
- Increased premiums by 20 percent in 2018
- Increased premiums 5 by percent in 2019
- $600 billion in tax giveaway to millionaires and billionaires