Job Opening: Organizing Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package
Start Date: January 2019
Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
To Apply: Please email a resume (file name: “FirstName_LastName_Resume”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Organizing Director” in the subject line. Applications without this exact subject line (minus the quotation marks) may not be considered.
- In consultation with the DPW Executive Director, create, oversee, and execute the 2019 statewide organizing and outreach program.
- Manage a team of field organizers: oversight, plan writing, goal setting, mentorship, training, and creation of day-to-day accountability measures.
- Work with field organizers to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders, including members and leaders of county parties, local grassroots organizations, partner and ally groups, and Democratic leaders and candidates.
- Create a statewide organizing plan that includes, but not limited to the following components: Keeping the existing Neighborhood Action Team infrastructure intact through use of effective actions, supporting the Democratic agenda in Wisconsin, extensive training, and a strong communication structure.
- Develop and carry out a plan to reach underserved populations across Wisconsin.
- Report out regularly to Democratic stakeholders including the Evers and Baldwin teams, Congressional Democrats, and the caucuses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Applicants should be strong communicators who are exceptionally organized, willing to take initiative, adaptable, enthusiastic, and able to meet strict deadlines.
Multiple cycles of organizing experience are strongly preferred.
Applicants must have experience managing staff.
Applicant should have access to a vehicle, and be willing to travel frequently, work long days and irregular hours, and maintain a positive, high-energy attitude.
Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
Applicant should be a supporter of Democratic Party principles and candidates.
Familiarity or experience working on campaigns in Wisconsin is encouraged