NOW HIRING: Regional Organizing Director
Click Here to Print or Download
Reports to: Deputy Organizing Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience with a generous benefits package
Start date: Summer 2019
Deadline to apply: June 25th at 9:00 pm
- Live in assigned region and execute 2019 statewide organizing and outreach program in individual regions across Wisconsin.
- Create, encourage and coach Neighborhood Action Teams to implement grassroot field tactics, including phone banks, canvasses, community gatherings and other forms of effective actions.
- Help to build and maintain the foundational infrastructure necessary to support the Evers agenda, work with Democrats across the state in all elections as needed, and lay the foundation necessary for a strong grassroots infrastructure in the 2020 election cycle.
- Work to build local grassroots outreach programs which will include, but are not limited to, direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention, developing training & capacity-building programs etc.
- Develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, partner and ally groups, and Democratic leaders and candidates.
- Work consistently to do outreach to underserved populations across Wisconsin.
- Other duties as decided by Organizing HQ team.
- Applicants should have strong interpersonal skills and be exceptionally organized, willing to take initiative, adaptable, enthusiastic, and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Organizing experience is preferred.
- Applicant should have access to a vehicle.
- Applicant should be willing to travel frequently, work long days and irregular hours and maintain a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Applicant should be a supporter of Democratic Party principles and candidates.
- Familiarity or experience working on campaigns in Wisconsin is encouraged.
To Apply: Please email a resume titled “FirstName_LastName_Resume” to [email protected] with "Regional Organizer” in the subject line. Applications without this exact subject line (minus the quotation marks) may not be considered.
The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People of Color, LGBTQ+, people of all religious affiliations, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.