As the Information Technology Coordinator, you will execute a broad range of responsibilities including manage and maintain computer hardware and software resources (both Mac and PC), control and evaluate ongoing data security needs, and coordinating, planning, and executing IT projects. You’ll work with employees at all levels and with the leadership team. This is a key service-oriented position that requires a high degree of initiative and individual judgement. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your high energy and enthusiasm for the IT profession and make a difference in the lives of employees, while at the same time helping the organization reach our goals.
• Installing and configuring hardware equipment and software programs, including Mac and PC
• Provide technical support to all employees including troubleshooting and executing different maintenance activities when needed
• Train employees on the use of systems and networks
• Execute IT and electronic data operations
• Help ensure data security, network access, backup systems, and proper server use
• Help audit systems and assess their outcomes
• Consult with management, providing IT guidance as needed
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop departmental goals, objectives, and systems
• Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed
• Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
• Strong working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
• Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
• Customer service orientation (internal/external) and able to develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both inside and outside of the organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with different levels of knowledge on the topic
• Applicants must be organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced campaign environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional teams
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle preferred
• Campaign experience is a plus
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will host the Democratic National Convention in 2020, and will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. And in 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
This is an entry-level position. The Information Technology Coordinator will be based in Madison.
Salary and benefits: Salary range; $38,000 – $45,000. Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
To Apply: Please submit a resume including your three most recent employers; cover letter addressing what you bring to this position, and the DPW; and at least three professional references. (References are not contacted until you’ve had a successful interview, and are notified)
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.