The primary function of the Staff Assistant is to ensure the Chair arrives at events in a timely manner with the briefing and background materials to be successful at each meeting or event. Duties include driving the Chair to meetings, executing the briefings process, briefing the Chair on the purpose and goal of each meeting, assisting with booking travel arrangements, and additional assistance as needed. You will be the point person for the Chair. Access to a vehicle and willingness to work nights and non-traditional hours is required. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, able to manage multiple competing tasks and solve problems with professionalism and discretion. The position reports to the Executive Assistant.
• Drive Chairman to meetings or events and ensure arrival in a timely manner
• Keep the Chairman on task and on schedule while traveling
• Execute the office’s briefing materials and brief the Chairman on the purpose and goal of each meeting
• Assist with booking travel arrangements
• Execute the Chairman’s expense reporting and reimbursements
• Provide administrative, clerical and office support services
• Maintain a clean and friendly work environment in the office common areas
• Execute scheduling and the coordination of office wide meeting spaces
• Assist in logistics for large scale meetings
• Provide additional assistance to Senior Staff and the Executive Assistant as needed
• Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
• Applicants must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced campaign environment
• Access to a vehicle and willingness to work nights and weekends; non-traditional hours is required
• Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will host the Democratic National Convention in 2020, and will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. And in 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
This is an entry-level position. The Staff Assistant will be based in Madison.
Salary and benefits: Salary range; $38,000 – $45,000. Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
To Apply: Please submit a resume including your three most recent employers; cover letter addressing what you bring to this position, and the DPW; and at least three professional references. (References are not contacted until you’ve had a successful interview, and are notified)
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.